With the beginning of the new year, it’s time to bid farewell to everything that held us back last year. Saying goodbye to 2015 means we can say a proper hello to 2016 and all the new possibilities it brings each day. Let’s take a look at some things we can’t wait to say goodbye to from 2015!
- Reliving the Past. The past cannot define us, unless we allow it to. How much time did you spend in 2015 reminiscing of the good old days or ruminating on everything you wish you could change? The problem with living in the past is just that… The past is gone. No matter how much we may wish, we can never go back. So look to today and all its opportunity and promise! Today has yet to be written so spend your energy on what is right in front of you.
- Letting Fear Stop You. Whether it’s fear of the unknown or even fear of making a mistake, life begins when we step out of our comfort zones. When we feed our fears by remaining stagnant we become immobile- trapped by fear. Say goodbye to your 2015 fears by not letting them get in the way of you doing something you’ve always wanted to do. Push your limits, walk through your fears and watch your confidence and self-worth grow.
- Comparing & Despairing. How much time did you spend last year comparing your life to the lives of others- with every “failing” undermining your self confidence? The grass may seem greener on the other side but it’s actually greenest where you water it. Say goodbye to the compare and despair game from 2015 and in 2016, spend time nurturing your own garden. Prune back everything that hasn’t been working, like negative thoughts or beating yourself up. Every time you find yourself thinking how much nicer someone else’s life looks, double that energy into making your life the one you’ve always wanted!
- Putting it off for Tomorrow. The old adage is true- “Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today.” Procrastination can be almost lethal to our mind, body, and soul. Is there anything you’ve been putting off for that “tomorrow” that just never came in 2015? Why not look at today as the tomorrow you’ve been waiting for. There truly is no time like the present to finally tick some of those boxes on your list of things you been putting off.
- Living Online. The information age has been instrumental in helping us connect to long lost friends and relatives, while opening up thousands of avenues to get us the information we need when we need it. And though these are wonderful tools that keep us abreast of everything going on today, how much time are you spending looking at your phone and tablet instead of the world around you? Let’s say goodbye to looking at our phones more than we look at the scene unfolding about us. Instead decide to spend more of 2016 outside of the digital world.