Feeling like roommates?
One foot out the door?
Alone in your marriage?
Why couples therapy?
Couples therapy focuses on pain points and problems that can sometimes exist in a relationship. It is important to understand that these problems almost always involve individual issues as well. The goals of marriage or couples counseling include improved communication, better problem solving skills, enhanced intimacy, and overall satisfaction in the relationship for both partners involved as you should enjoy the relationship you are in.
Is couples counseling just for married couples?
Absolutely not! Couples counseling can help any two people involved in an intimate relationship, whether married or not. This includes pre-marital and same-sex couples.
How can couples counseling help?
During the couples therapy process, our trained and highly skilled therapist will help you and your partner identify conflict areas within the relationship in order to best support you both when deciding what changes may be beneficial for creating a relationship that is as fulfilling and nurturing as it can be.
What if I can’t get my partner to see a couples counselor?
Certainly, you can’t force your partner to go to counseling if he or she does not want to go. In that case, you may wish to pursue individual counseling to help you decide what actions you can take on your own to create a happier and healthier life.
What issues can marriage therapy help us with?
Couples counseling or marriage therapy can help with these types of issues:
- Abuse, whether mental, physical or sexual
- ADHD, poor concentration or trouble focusing
- Alcohol & drug abuse, addiction and co-dependency
- Anger management
- Anxiety, excessive worrying or unexplained fears
- Career decisions and transitions
- Cultural concerns
- Dealing with crisis situations
- Depression, sadness, hopeless feelings or excessive crying
- Divorce, separation and blending families
- Domestic violence
- Family conflict
- Grief and loss
- Infidelity and affairs
- Infertility issues or concerns
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning issues
- Life transitions
- Parenting concerns
- Personal growth
- Poor communication and arguments
- Relationship concerns
- Sexual and intimacy difficulties
- Social isolation or friendship issues
- Stress or overwhelm
- Suicidal thoughts and tendencies
We offer a FREE 20-minute phone consultation
If you feel like your relationship is “stuck” or in trouble, let the experts at TherapyWorks help. We invite you to schedule a complimentary 20-minute phone consultation. Contact us today and begin improving your relationship tomorrow!