You’ve likely heard the buzz lately about ChatGPT and AI taking over our lives. If you’ve been skeptical about dipping you tow into AI, this post is for you.
Just like anything in life, it’s all about perspective. Soon, AI won’t be a novelty—it will be a part of our everyday lives. So we can either fight it, or choose to embrace it.
With that in mind, we put together 4 ways you can use AI to make your life easier, and to help improve your mental health.
4 Ways To Use AI To Simplify Your Life and Improve Your Mental Health
The practice of daily gratitude can quickly shift your perspective onto what is going well in your world and lead you to better appreciate what you have in your life. When that happens it’s an instant game changer and mood booster. Keeping a gratitude journal can be a wonderful way to focus on the positive aspects of your life and cultivate a sense of appreciation.
Want to start journaling but not sure where to start? ChatGPT can generate journal prompts for you. Here are 5 gratitude journal prompts it generated when we asked it to:
- Morning Gratitude: What are three things you’re grateful for today? They can be small or big, simple or profound. Write about why each of them brings you a sense of gratitude.
- Acts of Kindness: Reflect on a recent act of kindness you received from someone. How did it make you feel, and why are you grateful for this person’s actions?
- Nature’s Beauty: Write about something in nature that you’re grateful for. It could be a specific landscape, a type of weather, or the beauty of a particular flower or animal.
- Challenges as Opportunities: Think about a recent challenge or setback in your life. How can you reframe this experience and find gratitude within it? What lessons have you learned or strengths have you discovered?
- People and Relationships: Choose someone important in your life and write about why you’re grateful for their presence. How have they made a positive impact on your life, and what do you appreciate about your relationship with them?
Use ChatGPT or Google’s Bard AI to help you plan a trip. Enter a prompt like “Put together a 3 day itinerary for a trip to Los Angeles”. It will put together ideas for morning, afternoon and evening, complete with restaurant recommendations, and hotel options in a variety of price ranges.
While you may not follow the itinerary exactly, it can be a great starting point that can save you a lot of time and make your life easier.
Make Email Writing A Breeze
If you use Gmail, you can use AI to draft messages based on your prompts. You can use the Help me write button in Gmail to:
- Write a new draft using a freeform prompt. For example, you can ask Gmail to write a birthday invitation, or write an introduction to a potential business contact.
- Refine a draft. For example, you can rephrase the draft, or make the draft more formal, more concise, or more detailed.
If you suffer from “blinking cursor syndrome” where getting an email started is the hardest part, this can be very helpful.
Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping
Does coming up with what to cook for dinner take up way too much time? Thanks to AI, you can now have it done in a matter of minutes. Provide a prompt like “Put together 5 days of dinner ideas for a family of 4 that is gluten free and take 30 minutes or less to prepare”. Don’t like one of the ideas? Ask it to replace it.
Once you are happy with the meal plan, you can then ask ChatGPT to put together a grocery shopping list based on the meal plan. It will even organize it by aisle of the grocery store. Think of the time and energy this could save you each week!
How do you feel about AI? Would you use AI for any of these tasks above?