Depressed and anxious?
Battling negative thoughts?
Making poor choices?
Substance abuse issues?
Divorce or separation?
Stress and overwhelm?
Why should I consider therapy?
We all experience occasional problems throughout life, and these often show up a stress, poor health, a depressed mood, anxious thoughts and unhealthy relationships. The therapy process can often help you overcome these types of responses, confronting and managing your emotional ups and downs and other transitions with a renewed sense of confidence, optimism and hope.
How can a therapist help me?
At TherapyWorks, we understand that the process of therapy is as unique as each individual. Therefore, we start by first identifying your specific needs and ongoing struggles before moving to the counseling process. Many people report that working with a counselor makes them better able to begin making the changes necessary to achieve better life adjustment and greater life satisfaction.
What if it’s hard for me to reach out for help?
Although some people struggle reaching out in hard times and may even consider it a sign of “weakness,” the reality is that asking for and being open to help is actually a sign of strength. After all, it takes more courage to admit when you feel overwhelmed and change than it does to simply continue to make unhealthy choices. A number of our clients have stated how self-empowered they feel after their therapy sessions, making them better able to handle whatever comes their way.
What types of issues can an individual therapist help me with?
Our experienced and compassionate individual therapists can help you with any of the following:
- Abuse, whether mental, physical or sexual
- ADHD, poor concentration or trouble focusing
- Adjusting to changes, such as adoption, relocation, divorce or retirement
- Alcohol & drug abuse, addiction and co-dependency
- Anger management
- Anxiety, excessive worrying or unexplained fears
- Body image issues or eating disorders
- Career challenges or declining performance
- Career selection and transitions
- Cultural concerns
- Dealing with crisis situations
- Depression, sadness, hopeless feelings or excessive crying
- Divorce, separation and blended families
- Domestic violence
- Family conflict
- Grief and loss
- High risk or acting out behaviors
- Identity development
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning issues
- Life transitions
- Parenting concerns
- Personal growth
- Relationship concerns
- Social skills, relationship struggles, isolation or friendship issues
- Stress or overwhelm
- Suicidal thoughts or tendencies
- Women’s issues
- Work and Life Balance
What’s next? Schedule your FREE 20-minute phone consultation
To learn more about how an appointment with a trusted and respected TherapyWorks therapist can help, we invite you to contact us to set up a complimentary 20-minute phone consultation. We are here for you!