Fall is a great time to settle into new habits. As the hustle and bustle of summer gives way to the new season, we encourage you to consider creating new healthy and happy habits for the fall.
Here are five ideas of habits for teens this fall.
You can also download our TIPS SHEET or WATCH THIS VIDEO
- Discover new hobbies. Having activities outside of school and family life can give you something to look forward to and a way to manage and reduce stress and anxiety. Try new activities this fall and find something that brings you joy.
- Establish a sleep routine. Following a good sleeping routine helps you stay fresh, focused and healthy. Follow a bedtime routine that helps you relax. Try
- Eating healthy and light before going to bed
- Having a warm bath
- Listening to pleasant, relaxing music
- Going to bed at or nearly the same time every day
- Make sure to turn off the computer, television, video games, and movies at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Try meditation: Practicing meditation techniques every morning can help your mental health, and set you up for a more successful and happier day while reducing stress.
- Find stress management techniques that work for you. Stress is inevitable. Having techniques and tools that work for you when stress comes up will help you handle the stress of school, relationships and life. Some ideas to try:
- Going for a walk
- Deep breathing
- Spend time in nature
- Paint, draw or color
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine stimulates the release of stress hormones which can amplify your response to stress, making it worse. So try to limit caffeine.
Whenever you’re ready, here are ways we can help:
- Schedule an appointment – Schedule Now
- Try virtual counseling from home – Learn about telehealth
- Text WECARE to 474747 and our Client Care Coordinator will reach out
- Get to know our therapists – Meet our team!
- Share this with someone – Just send them this link
- Let’s Chat! Simply reply with an email. One of our team members will personally respond – Email us