Stress is something everyone deals with—even therapists. With that in mind, we asked our therapists and staff about their favorite ways to reduce stress. Here’s what they said.
- Ashley Youngblood, LMFT, Clinical Supervisor— Breathing….seriously
- Sheena Rogers, AMFT —Taking a bath (bath bomb included)
- Ashley Basanese, AMFT —Walking the dog
- Gloria Saldana, AMFT—Music, or spending time with friends
- Michelle Arzaga Kooy, Client Care Coordinator—Singing
- Yamile Bowan, Community Relations Coordinator—Getting outside for a hike, run or walk. Facials are also nice 🙂
- Macy Chapman, LMFT —Exercise
- Sara Miller, LMFT, Clinical Director —Finding time to get outside every day
- Lisa Haney, AMFT —Allowing myself to rest and turning off my devices
- Elisa Dakiwag, LMFT —Lifting weights, having a date night or girls night
- Kristen Stuhlmueller, AMFT—Guided mediation and fresh air!
How do you find ways to relax, unwind and destress?
P.S. We put together a Spotify playlist of our favorite uplifting and destressing songs. You can find the playlist here.