Whitney views the therapy process as an opportunity to empower clients in every aspect of their lives. She believes that situations can change and that our experiences can be a reflection of something internally. Whitney sees therapy as an opportunity to cultivate awareness with her role as a therapist being to act as a mirror for clients to see themselves more clearly. Whitney enjoys supporting children, teens and adults from a depth therapy approach creating self-connection through body awareness and mindfulness. She believes that you, as the client, have wisdom for yourself to uncover, and she will hold space for the process to unfold.
Qualifications & Education
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #92092
- Supervised by Sara Miller, LMFT #79602
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, Palo Alto University
- Bachelor of Arts in Modern Literature, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, TherapyWorks
- Primary Therapist, The Lotus Collaborative Eating Disorder Treatment (IOP/PHP)
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, Cabrillo College Health Center
- Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee at Soquel High School, Encompass Community Services
Associations & Memberships
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Santa Cruz County chapter of CAMFT
On a Personal Note
Whitney loves being with her daughter and family, cross training, reading, especially World War 2 books, baking and cooking, and living slowly.