Kaila offers a welcoming, empathic, and thoughtful approach to her practice. She aims to create a collaborative and safe space to heal and process. Kaila believes that providing education and skill building is important to help clients feel knowledgeable and empowered while in therapy. She recognizes that each person has struggles and experiences unique to them and she tailors therapy based on the needs of each individual. Kaila specializes in evidence-based practices such as CBT and DBT, while also integrating creativity and humor throughout the therapeutic journey. Kaila supports children, teens and adults in connecting to their emotional experience and identifying areas of growth. Kaila honors the depth of trust within the therapeutic relationship, and meets each client with understanding and acceptance.
- Associate Marriage & Family Therapist TherapyWorks, Los Gatos & Santa Cruz
- Primary Therapist Evolve Residential Treatment Center, Gilroy CA.
- Full Service Partnership Child Therapist Community Solutions, Santa Clara County.
- Therapist TraineeEncompass Youth Services, Santa Cruz, CA.
Qualifications & Education
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #101459
- Supervised by Sara Miller, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #79602
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology Palo Alto University
- B.A. in Psychology University of San Francisco
Areas of Specialization & Advanced Training
- Teens & Young Adults
- Family Therapy / Parent Coaching
- Individual Therapy
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Trauma Focused Care
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Grief & Loss
- Life Transitions
Associations & Memberships
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
On a Personal Note
Outside of the office, you’ll find Kaila listening to a podcast or reading a book. She loves the outdoors, seeing live music, and spending time with her friends and family. Kaila rescued a very scared puppy last year, and with lots of love and attention, he is now in training to become a therapy dog!